Subject: Re: [EXTERNAL] Re: Cannot connect local with ttrust (pg_upgrade assumes it)

From: Francisco Olarte <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 10 Apr 2025 13:30:27 +0200

On Wed, 9 Apr 2025 at 19:44, Abraham, Danny <[email-masked]> wrote:
> Thanks for the answers.
> All the 3 lines are, of course, uncommented for the test.
That was assumed.
> I am using Linux, socket is in /tmp, i see the .s files , but local trust still does not connect.

You forgot to answer the first and most important question.

> How are you connecting? Your symptoms matches confusing local with
> TCP/IP to localhost. They are not the same thing.

For what we know you maybe trying to connect to the database using
"echo hi", and then the what will surprise us is you were able to
connect via tcpip.

Francisco Olarte.

---

From: Francisco Olarte <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 10 Apr 2025 13:36:49 +0200

Abraham:

> > TCP/IP to localhost. They are not the same thing.

After reading more messages it seems you use plain psql -U.

Can you try to do \conninfo after connecting to see how you are connecting?
- If it says tcp, then it is a problem with how psql determines where
to connect.
- If it says local then it may be an hba problem.

Francisco Olarte.