Subject: Re: Oracle_fdw

From: Laurenz Albe <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 22 Apr 2025 13:54:44 +0200

On Tue, 2025-04-22 at 07:28 -0400, Yongye Serkfem wrote:
> We are using Postgresql-15, ahd having issues importing foreign schema with all
> its objects from an Oracle databse. Here is the error I am getting,
> "error connecting to Oracle: OCIEnvCreate failed to create environment handle: Detail: SQL state: HV00N
> I have installed oracle instantclient 19_24
> I would appreciate any help getting this resolved. 

This error usually indicated that you configured the Oracle Client wrongly.
Usually, that is a question of setting environment variables wrong, but
unfortunately it is a very generic error that Oracle throws when "something
is wrong".

Your best bet is to research all the oracle_fdw issues that reported this
error.  Hopefully, one of these cases matches yours:
https://github.com/laurenz/oracle_fdw/issues?q=is%3Aissue%20OCIEnvCreate

Yours,
Laurenz Albe

---

From: Yongye Serkfem <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 22 Apr 2025 13:06:28 -0400

Thanks, I'll look into it.