Subject: Re: PG 12.2 ERROR: cannot freeze committed xmax

From: Ron Johnson <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 23 May 2024 19:17:29 -0400

On Thu, May 23, 2024 at 9:41 AM bruno da silva <[email-masked]> wrote:

> Hello,
> I have a deployment with PG 12.2 reporting ERROR: cannot freeze committed
> xmax
> using Red Hat Enterprise Linux 8.9.
>
> What is the recommended to find any bug fixes that the version 12.2 had
> that could have caused this error.
>

https://www.postgresql.org/docs/release/

You're missing *four years* of bug fixes.

Could this error be caused by OS/Hardware related issues?

 Four years of bug fixes is more likely the answer.

---

From: bruno vieira da silva <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 24 May 2024 06:31:18 -0400

Thanks Ron.

I did find one bug fix commit mentioning this error but it was saying that
was due to the interaction of two other commits that at least the first one
was after the cut of pg 12.2. so I have dismissed that as my deployment
issue.

I was looking for more evidence to push for a pg minor upgrade, the issue
is for my context any upgrades requires a big test effort. so I was looking
for more solid evidence.

On Thu, May 23, 2024 at 7:17 PM Ron Johnson <[email-masked]> wrote:

>> I have a deployment with PG 12.2 reporting ERROR: cannot freeze
>> committed xmax

-- 
Bruno Vieira da Silva