Subject: What linux version to install ?

From: David Gauthier <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 2 Apr 2024 19:53:46 -0400

This is what we are running...
Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server release 7.9 (Maipo)

In our pandora distrib, I see PG v15.3.  I was wondering if there is
something even better. Can't seem to pin this down using
https://www.postgresql.org/download/linux/redhat/.

---

From: Adrian Klaver <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 2 Apr 2024 17:27:44 -0700

On 4/2/24 16:53, David Gauthier wrote:
> https://www.postgresql.org/download/linux/redhat/ 
> <https://www.postgresql.org/download/linux/redhat/>.

1) https://yum.postgresql.org/news/rhel7-postgresql-rpms-end-of-life/

"EOL announcement for RHEL 7

PostgreSQL RPM repo stopped adding new packages to the RHEL 7 repo as of 
Aug 2023, including PostgreSQL 16.

We will maintain older major releases until each major release is EOLed 
by PostgreSQL project. Please visit here for latest release dates for 
each major release.

If you have any questions, please either email to 
[email-masked], or create a ticket at our redmine.
"

2) What is 'pandora distrib'?

-- 
Adrian Klaver
[email-masked]