Subject: Regarding publish_via_partiton_root with pglogical

From: Durgamahesh Manne <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 20 Jul 2024 12:31:04 +0530

Hi

Respected Team

I know the use case of implementing the partitions with publication and
subscription of built-in logical replication
CREATE PUBLICATION dbz_publication FOR TABLE betplacement.bet WITH
(publish_via_partition_root = true); This will use parent table to replica
data changes to target from source
But
Could you please provide a logic to implement the same with pglogical ?
Do i need to add this publish_via_partition_root to
pglogical.replication_set_add_table functionality ?
you response is valuable in this aspect

Regards,
Durga Mahesh

---

From: khan Affan <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 22 Jul 2024 15:04:51 +0500

Hi Durgamahesh

In pglogical extension, there is no direct equivalent to the
publish_via_partition_root option found in the built-in logical replication

you can achieve similar results when a new partition is added; you must add
it to the replication set using pglogical.replication_set_add_table.
Similarly existing partitions are reorganized or split, ensure to update
the replication sets accordingly.

Thanks & Regards

*Muhammad Affan (*아판*)*

*PostgreSQL Technical Support Engineer** / Pakistan R&D*

Interlace Plaza 4th floor Twinhub office 32 I8 Markaz, Islamabad, Pakistan