Subject: Re: search_path and SET ROLE

From: Isaac Morland <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 22 May 2024 14:01:54 -0400

On Wed, 22 May 2024 at 13:48, Ron Johnson <[email-masked]> wrote:

As a superuser administrator, I need to be able to see ALL tables in ALL
> schemas when running "\dt", not just the ones in "$user" and public.  And I
> need it to act consistently across all the systems.
>

\dt *.*

But I am skeptical how often you really want this in a real database with
more than a few tables. Surely \dn+ followed by \dt [schemaname].* for a
few strategically chosen [schemaname] would be more useful?

---

From: Ron Johnson <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 22 May 2024 15:38:30 -0400

>> need it to act consistently across all the systems.

Also shows information_schema, pg_catalog, and pg_toast.  I can adjust to
that, though.

> few strategically chosen [schemaname] would be more useful?

More than you'd think.  I'm always looking up the definition of this table
or that table (mostly for indices and keys), and I never remember which
schema they're in.

---

From: Pavel Stehule <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 22 May 2024 21:40:52 +0200

> or that table (mostly for indices and keys), and I never remember which

\d *.pg_class

Unfortunately  in this case, tab complete doesn't work