Subject: pgbackrest check info fails without success

From: KK CHN <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 13 Aug 2025 13:05:41 +0530

Hi all,

I have configured  pgbackrest  on ( RHEL 9.3  , pgbackrest 2.52.1  database
version 16 ) for a remote repo machine (RHEL 9.3, pgbackrest 2.52.1 )

I have created the stanza   K_repo

archive_command = 'pgbackrest --stanza=K_Repo archive-push %p'    in
postgresql.conf

Created stanza  successfully :    on my Repo server
[root@db01 ~]# sudo -u pgbackrest pgbackrest --stanza=K_Repo
--log-level-console=info stanza-create
successful

But  info check fails multiple times no even success for one time
[root@db01 ~]# sudo -u pgbackrest pgbackrest --stanza=Kerala_Repo
--log-level-console=info check
fails always with error

INFO: check repo1 configuration (primary)
INFO: check repo1 archive for WAL (primary)
ERROR: [082]: WAL segment 000000010000001D0000001E was not archived before
the 60000ms timeout
       HINT: check the archive_command to ensure that all options are
correct (especially --stanza).
       HINT: check the PostgreSQL server log for errors.
       HINT: run the 'start' command if the stanza was previously stopped.
INFO: check command end: aborted with exception [082]

I have done start, stop, start the stanza from Repo host and re-executed
the  info check but failed.

What may be the issue, what will be the fix ?  any hints most welcome..

Thank you
Krishane

*here the db server log.*
025-08-13 12:20:29.488 P00   INFO: archive-push command begin 2.52.1:
[pg_wal/000000010000001700000021] --archive-async
--exec-id=3775881-26b1d28c --log-level-console=info --log-level-file=debug
--pg1-path=/data/edb/as16/data --pg-version-force=16 --process-max=6
--repo1-host=10.50.2.202 --repo1-host-user=pgbackrest
--spool-path=/var/spool/pgbackrest --stanza=K_Repo
2025-08-13 12:20:42 IST LOG:  checkpoint starting: time
2025-08-13 12:20:43.691 P00   INFO: pushed WAL file
'000000010000001700000021' to the archive asynchronously
2025-08-13 12:20:43.691 P00   INFO: archive-push command end: completed
successfully (14205ms)
2025-08-13 12:20:43.698 P00   INFO: archive-push command begin 2.52.1:
[pg_wal/000000010000001700000022] --archive-async
--exec-id=3775955-a5353845 --log-level-console=info --log-level-file=debug
--pg1-path=/data/edb/as16/data --pg-version-force=16 --process-max=6
--repo1-host=10.50.2.202 --repo1-host-user=pgbackrest
--spool-path=/var/spool/pgbackrest --stanza=K_Repo
2025-08-13 12:20:57.901 P00   INFO: pushed WAL file
'000000010000001700000022' to the archive asynchronously
2025-08-13 12:20:57.901 P00   INFO: archive-push command end: completed
successfully (14205ms)
2025-08-13 12:20:57.908 P00   INFO: archive-push command begin 2.52.1:
[pg_wal/000000010000001700000023] --archive-async
--exec-id=3776006-fc68ed25 --log-level-console=info --log-level-file=debug
--pg1-path=/data/edb/as16/data --pg-version-force=16 --process-max=6
--repo1-host=10.50.2.202 --repo1-host-user=pgbackrest
--spool-path=/var/spool/pgbackrest --stanza=K_Repo
2025-08-13 12:21:01.110 P00   INFO: pushed WAL file
'000000010000001700000023' to the archive asynchronously
2025-08-13 12:21:01.110 P00   INFO: archive-push command end: completed
successfully (3203ms)
2025-08-13 12:21:01.118 P00   INFO: archive-push command begin 2.52.1:
[pg_wal/000000010000001700000024] --archive-async
--exec-id=3776015-5508d157 --log-level-console=info --log-level-file=debug
--pg1-path=/data/edb/as16/data --pg-version-force=16 --process-max=6
--repo1-host=10.50.2.202 --repo1-host-user=pgbackrest
--spool-path=/var/spool/pgbackrest --stanza=K_Repo
2025-08-13 12:21:15.321 P00   INFO: pushed WAL file
'000000010000001700000024' to the archive asynchronously
2025-08-13 12:21:15.321 P00   INFO: archive-push command end: completed
successfully (14204ms)
2025-08-13 12:21:15.328 P00   INFO: archive-push command begin 2.52.1:
[pg_wal/000000010000001700000025] --archive-async
--exec-id=3776065-a6d63fe2 --log-level-console=info --log-level-file=debug
--pg1-path=/data/edb/as16/data --pg-version-force=16 --process-max=6
--repo1-host=10.50.2.202 --repo1-host-user=pgbackrest
--spool-path=/var/spool/pgbackrest --stanza=K_Repo

---

From: Ruben Morais <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 13 Aug 2025 08:54:35 +0100

Hi,

All seems ok, but in your check command you use a different stanza name
from the configuration and from what you have in postgres.log file.

But  info check fails multiple times no even success for one time
[root@db01 ~]# sudo -u pgbackrest pgbackrest --stanza=Kerala_Repo
--log-level-console=info check    <<< change Kerala_Repo to K_Repo
fails always with error

*Rúben Morais*

On Wed, Aug 13, 2025 at 8:32 AM KK CHN <[email-masked]> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I have configured  pgbackrest  on ( RHEL 9.3  , pgbackrest 2.52.1
> database version 16 ) for a remote repo machine (RHEL 9.3, pgbackrest
> 2.52.1 )
>