Subject: WAL replication and Archive command for pgbackrest on same server conf

From: KK CHN <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 19 Aug 2024 18:40:05 +0530

Hi List ,

I am trying to configure the pgbackrest  on a live server ( RHEL9, EPAS16
and Pgbacrest .2.52)  which is having a working   WAL archive
configuration  to a standby server in postgresql.conf as follows

1. archive_mod =on
2. archive_level=replica
3. archive_command = 'cp %p /data/archive/%f'

To do the pgbackrest conf on the same   archive_command   directive (So
both the existing WAL configuration as well as my new pgbackrest option
both will work smoothly.   how to add an entry  in line 3  ??

archive_command = 'pgbackrest --stanza=Demo  archive-push  cp %p
/data/archive/%f '

Please correct me If I am doing wrong in the above line..

Thank you,
Krish

---

From: Ruben Morais <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 19 Aug 2024 14:20:44 +0100

hi,

you can combine:

archive_command = 'pgbackrest --stanza=Demo  archive-push  %p && cp %p
/data/archive/%f '

You need to change your standby replica to consume the wals from pgbackrest
if you want instead to use both commands.

*Rúben Morais*

 *(+351) 965775713*
<https://pt.linkedin.com/pub/rúben-morais/21/b44/b99>
[email-masked]
<[email-masked]>*