Subject: Streaming replication issue post upgrade from version 11 to 14 on windows 2016 Server

From: Vamsi Chava <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 7 Aug 2024 06:40:54 +0530

Hi Team,

we have upgraded postgresql version 11 to 14 on windows server 2016, post
upgrade we configured streaming replication. the data is not getting
replicated. but compared to version 11, 14 is very different in
configuring replication. Tried from documentation from postgres site. no
luck, Any help appreciated. Tried many other sites for Windows side
replication configuration notes. No luck

Thankyou
vamshi.chava

---

From: Muhammad Ikram <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 7 Aug 2024 09:32:19 +0500

Hi Vamsi,

We have been doing these steps to setup streaming replication

--Primay-Server

CREATE ROLE repl REPLICATION LOGIN PASSWORD 'your_password';

postgresql.conf

listen_addresses = '*'
wal_level = replica
archive_mode = on
archive_command = 'copy %p \\path_to_archive\\%f'
max_wal_senders = 3
wal_keep_size = 1024

--pg_hba.conf

host replication repl standby_server_ip/32 auth_method

Creating standby

PGPASSWORD=repl pg_basebackup -F p -C -S pslot1 -h localhost -p 5333 -D
path_to_standby_data_directory   -U repl -P -v -R -X stream

--standby-postgresql.conf

primary_conninfo = 'host=primary_server_ip port=5432 user=repl
password=your_password'
restore_command = 'copy \\path_to_archive\\%f %p'  # if you are using
archive logs

Hope I did not forget any step.

Regards,
Muhammad Ikram

-- 
Muhammad Ikram