Subject: Re: Pgbackrest : Resumable backup of same type exists

From: Greg Sabino Mullane <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 1 May 2025 13:42:50 -0400

On Thu, May 1, 2025 at 9:08 AM Abdul Sayeed <[email-masked]> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> This warning message indicates that a *resumable backup*,
>
(plus lots more ChatGPT crap)

Please do not use LLMs to answer questions here. If the original poster
wanted that, they could have done it themselves. Further, you are polluting
the pgsql-general archives with computer-generated answers which will in
turn get slurped in again, leading to degradation. People posting here
deserve real answers from real people.

/rant

Original poster, I wouldn't expect it to take three+ hours, but we don't
know how large your backups are. Check /var/log/pgbackrest and see the
latest log entry - it looks like you have "debug" level enabled, so it
should be quite verbose. If the process is running but not writing anything
to the logs, you might want to use strace against its PID to verify what it
is doing (if anything).

Cheers,
Greg

--
Crunchy Data - https://www.crunchydata.com
Enterprise Postgres Software Products & Tech Support

---

From: Abdul Sayeed <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 2 May 2025 11:22:11 +0530

Hi Greg,

My apologies but the above answer which i gave was not from chatgpt, I had
face similar situation in one of our env. Deleting failed backup helped me.

To be honest I did use chathpt to paraphrase my sentences before posting in
general mail list.

Thanks & Regards,
Abdul Sayeed

---

From: KK CHN <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 2 May 2025 11:38:33 +0530

Thanks for the helpful hints. The backup finished successfully :
20250425-115723F
            timestamp start/stop: 2025-05-01 09:31:36+05:30 / 2025-05-01
14:13:08+

 The log doesn't show  anything  other than (025-05-01 09:30:16.377 P00
WARN: resumable backup 20250425-115723F of same type exists -- invalid
files will be removed then the backup will resume)   is due to my Repo
Server configuration was    log-level-file = warn in pgbackrest.conf,  Its
my mistake, I have enabled   log-level-file=debug  only in  DB cluster
initially.

Now I hv changed in Repo_Server  the log reports as expected.
log-level-file=debug
#log-level-file=warn

Thank you,
Krishane