Subject: Synchronize the dump with a logical slot with --snapshot

From: Durgamahesh Manne <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 20 Sep 2024 01:27:56 +0530

Hi Team

--snapshot=*snapshotname*

(Use the specified synchronized snapshot when making a dump of the database

This option is useful when needing to synchronize the dump with a logical
replication slot) as per the pgdg

How do we synchronize the dump with a logical replication slot
with --snapshot?

I am using the postgresql 14 version which supports only
pg_create_logical_replication_slot. How to generate a snapshot with it ?

Below CREATE_REPLICAION_SLOT not supported by postgresql 14

example osdb_lsr=# CREATE_REPLICATION_SLOT lsr_sync_01 LOGICAL pgoutput;
  slot_name  | consistent_point |    snapshot_name    | output_plugin
-------------+------------------+---------------------+---------------
 lsr_sync_01 | 0/C000110        | 00000003-00000002-1 | pgoutput

Regards,

Durga Mahesh

---

From: Durgamahesh Manne <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 26 Sep 2024 02:23:39 +0530

Hi Team

--snapshot=snapshotname

How do we synchronize the dump with a logical replication slot with
--snapshot?

I am using the postgresql 14 version which supports only
pg_create_logical_replication_slot. How to generate a internal snapshot
with it ?

Regards,

Durga Mahesh