Subject: Destination Table - Condition Amount 0

From: Anthony Apollis <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 8 Aug 2024 18:35:00 +0200

I need your assistance with an ETL process that runs every six months.
Currently, we are in Calendar Year/FY 2025, which started in July 2024.

The issue is with the "Condition Amount" for FY 2025. Data comes through
correctly until the "Insert Data Into Task" step (please see the attached
screenshot). However, it appears that the code responsible for the "Update
PD Credit" step is not functioning as expected.

The destination table [Turkey - NCD Revenue Reporting Model_Table_Model] is
receiving data for FY 2025, but the "*Condition Amount*" column contains
zeros for 2025. Please see the attached sample data for reference.

To help diagnose the issue, I have included the following:

DDL for all three tables.

Insert/Update scripts for the two tasks as depicted in the screenshot above.

Sample raw data for the two tables.

SSIS can also be found attached for better understanding

Sample data for the "Insert Data Into

---

From: Adrian Klaver <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 8 Aug 2024 09:56:25 -0700

On 8/8/24 09:35, Anthony Apollis wrote:
> correctly until the "Insert Data Into Task" step (please see the 
> attached screenshot). However, it appears that the code responsible for 
> the "Update PD Credit" step is not functioning as expected.
> 
> image.png
> 
> 
> The destination table [Turkey - NCD Revenue Reporting Model_Table_Model] 
> is receiving data for FY 2025, but the "*Condition Amount*" column 
> contains zeros for 2025. Please see the attached sample data for reference.
> 

Honestly I have not looked through all the files and probably won't. I 
did find this though:

CASE
         WHEN NCD_EXCL."Order Quantity" IS NULL OR NCD_EXCL."Order 
Quantity" LIKE 'Excluded' THEN
             0
         WHEN NCD_EXCL."Order Quantity" LIKE 'NCD Valid' THEN
             NCD_AMOUNT."Condition Amount"
         ELSE
             0

which looks suspicious in that it can turn a "Condition Amount" into 0.

I would start by running the SELECT that this is part of and seeing what 
it does to the data and if that is what you want it to do.

-- 
Adrian Klaver
[email-masked]