Subject: Re: Signatures and code of conduct

From: "David G. Johnston" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 9 Apr 2026 07:56:34 -0700

On Thursday, April 9, 2026, Rob Sargent <[email-masked]> wrote:

> Do highly politicized “signatures”, such as those from Matthias Apitz,
> contravene any code of conduct guidelines?
>

If you believe it is, there are guidelines for reporting such conduct to
those responsible for enforcing the guidelines.

Promoting a public discussion is more likely to make things worse, not
better.  That why the committee exists.

David J.

---

From: Greg Sabino Mullane <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 9 Apr 2026 13:46:17 -0400

> those responsible for enforcing the guidelines.

Would have been great to provide the link:

https://www.postgresql.org/about/policies/coc/

> better.  That why the committee exists.

I prefer transparency, especially about a somewhat meta question like this.
IMHO, nothing about that particular sig violates anything in our Code of
Conduct. Political views are allowed. Personal attacks are not.

Cheers,
Greg