Subject: Another documentation issue

From: Igor Korot <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 23 Apr 2025 00:21:17 -0500

Hi, ALL,

On the page https://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/runtime-config-query.html#GUC-SEQ-PAGE-COST

it is only given the default value of this parameter.

No min/max values are provided..

The same can be sad about
https://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/runtime-config-query.html#GUC-RANDOM-PAGE-COST

However, this page
https://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/runtime-config-resource.html#GUC-EFFECTIVE-IO-CONCURRENCY
describes both default and mn/max, however t s says:

[quote]
The default is 1 on supported systems, otherwise 0
[/quote]]

No explanation of what is "supported system" is given...

And the same can be said about
https://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/runtime-config-resource.html#GUC-MAINTENANCE-IO-CONCURRENCY.

Thank you

---

From: "David G. Johnston" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 23 Apr 2025 06:48:03 -0700

> query.html#GUC-RANDOM-PAGE-COST

Costs can’t be negative and no reasonable positive value is going to exceed
the data type limit, which is communicated via the data type specification.

David J.