Subject: Backup failure Postgres

From: Jethish Jethish <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 23 May 2024 13:32:13 +0530

I'm frequently facing the below error while performing backup. Someone
please tell how solve this issues.

Failed : pg_dump: error: Dumping the contents of table "botsession" failed:
PQgetResult() failed. pg_dump: error: Error message from server: ERROR:
canceling statement due to conflict with recovery DETAIL: User query might
have needed to see row versions that must be removed. pg_dump: error: The
command was: COPY public.botsession (id, userid, data, iscompressed) TO
stdout;

---

From: Torsten Förtsch <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 23 May 2024 12:23:00 +0200

As the error message says, your query was aborted due to it conflicting
with recovery. There are many ways to deal with that. You could enable
hot_standby_feedback on the replica. You could disconnect the replica from
the master for the time the COPY takes (reset primary_conninfo). You could
increase max_standby_streaming_delay. Perhaps you could also wrap the COPY
operation in pg_wal_replay_pause() / pg_wal_replay_resume().

On Thu, May 23, 2024 at 11:59 AM Jethish Jethish <[email-masked]>
wrote:

> Failed : pg_dump: error: Dumping the contents of table "botsession"
> failed: PQgetResult() failed. pg_dump: error: Error message from server:
> ERROR: canceling statement due to conflict with recovery DETAIL: User query
> might have needed to see row versions that must be removed. pg_dump: error:
> The command was: COPY public.botsession (id, userid, data, iscompressed) TO
> stdout;
>