Subject: Re: Frosen logical replication

From: Marcos Pegoraro <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 5 Dec 2025 13:47:58 -0300

Em sex., 5 de dez. de 2025 às 09:03, Marcos Pegoraro <[email-masked]>
escreveu:

> I have a logical replication where I want to replicate only one schema.
> All worked fine, it copied all tables to subscriber, except one. That
> table has 8GB and it copied 5GB. That copy has been frozen since yesterday,
> as you can see.
>

I tried these steps.
- Tried to restart subscriber, didn't solve and file didn't change its size
on subscriber.
Subscriber did not try to restart copying from scratch, just did nothing.
DIDN'T SOLVE

- Tried to restart publisher 2 or 3 times, didn't solve the problem but
file changed
some MBs but was copying from what starting point if server was restarted
and
file was partially transfered ? I don't know. Then on subscriber side I got
some messages like
"could not receive data from WAL stream: SSL error: unexpected eof while
reading"
DIDN'T SOLVE

- Restarted publisher and while restarting I truncated that table on
subscriber.
How srsubstate was "d" but srsublsn was NULL It had to copy that file
entirely, and it did.
Then that file was completely copied from publisher and until now
everything seems fine.
SOLVED, APPARENTLY

regards
Marcos

---

From: Ron Johnson <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 5 Dec 2025 12:42:20 -0500

On Fri, Dec 5, 2025 at 11:48 AM Marcos Pegoraro <[email-masked]> wrote:

> - Tried to restart subscriber, didn't solve and file didn't change its
> size on subscriber.
> file was partially transfered ? I don't know. Then on subscriber side I
> got some messages like

Maybe have multiple replication slots, one per X number of customers?  More
work for you, but less work required by that single-threaded publisher, and
more granular: hopefully most slots will replicate.

-- 
Death to <Redacted>, and butter sauce.
Don't boil me, I'm still alive.
<Redacted> lobster!