Subject: Re: Table copy

From: Adrian Klaver <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 5 Feb 2025 11:06:16 -0800

On 2/5/25 9:46 AM, Andy Hartman wrote:
> [6992] ERROR:  unexpected EOF on client connection with an open transaction
> 2025-02-05 12:19:44.919 EST [6992] CONTEXT:  COPY sqlt_data_1_2022_03, 
> line 24431524, column dataintegrity
> 2025-02-05 12:19:44.919 EST [6992] STATEMENT:  COPY sqlt_data_1_2022_03 
> (tagid, intvalue, floatvalue, stringvalue, datevalue, dataintegrity, 
> t_stamp) FROM STDIN (FORMAT BINARY)
> 2025-02-05 12:19:44.919 EST [6992] FATAL:  terminating connection 
> because protocol synchronization was lost

You need to look at the other end of the connection also, in other words 
what is happening on the MS SQL Server 2016/Windows Server 2019 side?

Also is there anti-virus software running on either end?

-- 
Adrian Klaver
[email-masked]

---

From: Andy Hartman <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 5 Feb 2025 16:05:13 -0500

nothing in log from mssql side and no  anti-virus

---

From: Andy Hartman <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 5 Feb 2025 16:09:03 -0500

I also reduced batch size to 5000 on the last run  .. I like using this
SImplySql because it's a script I can launch, so that's why I chose that
solution...  I'm using it to load a History Env.

THanks again.

---

From: Ron Johnson <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 5 Feb 2025 16:17:11 -0500

Could there have been a network hiccup?  Or some sort of timeout?

If I needed to transfer 360GB of data, I'd probably do something old school
like:

1. write a PowerShell script to export a set of rows into a csv file, 7zip
compress it, then rsync or scp it to the target.
2. Write a bash script to decompress it then load the data into the PG
table.
3. Repeat (1) with the next set of data, and (2) until complete.  Start the
second (1) while the first (2) is running.

That's how I migrated 12GB of Oracle data to PG (except of course bash, not
PowerShell).

-- 
Death to <Redacted>, and butter sauce.
Don't boil me, I'm still alive.
<Redacted> lobster!

---

From: Adrian Klaver <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 5 Feb 2025 13:21:07 -0800

> nothing in log from mssql side and no  anti-virus

How about the Windows Server 2019 system log?