Subject: backup

From: Andy Hartman <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 7 Oct 2024 11:48:21 -0400

anyone use Powershell in an automated fashion to do DB backup?  Would you
share your example?

 Thanks.

---

From: Adrian Klaver <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 7 Oct 2024 09:14:08 -0700

On 10/7/24 08:48, Andy Hartman wrote:
> anyone use Powershell in an automated fashion to do DB backup?  Would 
> you share your example?

Search engine of your choice: "powershell postgresql backup script"

Using DuckDuckGo I see 6 relevant entries right of the top.

-- 
Adrian Klaver
[email-masked]

---

From: Ron Johnson <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 7 Oct 2024 12:17:41 -0400

> anyone use Powershell in an automated fashion to do DB backup?  Would you

PS can execute utilities, so using it as a wrapper for pg_dump and
pg_restore (just like a bash script) is perfectly viable.

-- 
Death to <Redacted>, and butter sauce.
Don't boil me, I'm still alive.
<Redacted> crustacean!

---

From: Muhammad Usman Khan <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 8 Oct 2024 08:24:48 +0500

Hi,
You can refer the following:
Automating PostgreSQL Backups with Python Using pg_basebackup | by Usman
Khan | Sep, 2024 | Medium
<https://medium.com/@usman.khan9805/automating-postgresql-backups-with-python-using-pg-basebackup-fe8e32d61a9a>
Automating PostgreSQL Backups with PG Back Web: The Complete Walkthrough |
by Usman Khan | Sep, 2024 | Medium
<https://medium.com/@usman.khan9805/automating-postgresql-backups-with-pg-back-web-the-complete-walkthrough-7a0aade69b1c>

---

From: Andy Hartman <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 8 Oct 2024 07:31:25 -0400

Thanks, I'll check it out.