Subject: Monitoring and debugging historical performance

From: sud <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 27 Apr 2024 19:31:12 +0530

Hi All,
While looking option to see how one can monitor database performance for
debugging into historical database performance issues (historical database
wait events , CPU/memory utilization in past, query execution times in past
, executions paths at any point in time in past etc), It appears there
exists some options as i googled in the internet like
pg_sentinel,pgsnapper, pg_collector. Wanted to check, if anybody used these
utilities and suggest any of them to use for a longer term use?

Regards
Sud

---

From: Julien Rouhaud <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 27 Apr 2024 22:24:48 +0800

Hi,

On Sat, Apr 27, 2024 at 10:01 PM sud <[email-masked]> wrote:
>
> Hi All,
> While looking option to see how one can monitor database performance for debugging into historical database performance issues (historical database wait events , CPU/memory utilization in past, query execution times in past , executions paths at any point in time in past etc), It appears there exists some options as i googled in the internet like pg_sentinel,pgsnapper, pg_collector. Wanted to check, if anybody used these utilities and suggest any of them to use for a longer term use?

I would personally recommend PoWA
(https://powa.readthedocs.io/en/latest/), as it handles everything you
require.  Disclairmer: I'm the main author of this tool