Subject: adsrc

From: Matt Zagrabelny <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 5 Nov 2024 15:45:15 -0600

Greetings Pg folk,

I've got a legacy app connecting to a legacy Pg database (9.4).

I'd like to upgrade the database to Pg 15, but when I connect and perform
some tasks in the app, I get:

ERROR:  column d.adsrc does not exist at character 331

Some searching online yields that adsrc was removed in Pg 12.

Is there a way to recreate it?

Thanks for any help or answers.

Cheers,

-m

---

From: "David G. Johnston" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 5 Nov 2024 15:31:13 -0700

> Is there a way to recreate it?
That is a base catalog table.  Its removal means the data it stored is no
longer being stored.  Even if you somehow got the column reference error to
go away whatever the application is doing with that is going to be
surprised to be handed an empty string.

You could always checkout the source for v15, un-revert the commit removing
that field, compile, and see what happens.  But if you want to use a
community build the application needs to be changed along with upgrades to
the database.

David J.