Subject: barman with postgres server/s

From: postgr user <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 6 Sep 2024 09:24:25 -0400

Does anyone know a best practice when it comes to installing barman?

Would barman be on its own system or does it make sense to have it running
on a cascaded postgres server?

I'm just getting started with it so I'd like to see how others have
implemented its use in a variety of different implementations of postgres
servers or server.

Thank you

---

From: Muhammad Usman Khan <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 7 Sep 2024 10:34:23 +0500

Hi,

I had the opportunity to work with barman. In my opinion, to configure
barman, you should have a separate dedicated system.  Configure WAL
archiving properly to ensure that all transaction logs are streamed to
Barman like the following
archive_command = 'rsync %p barman@backup_server:/path/to/backup/%f'
Regular monitoring is required. You can check status via barman check
command
Use streaming replication by using this command 'streaming_archiver=on' in
the barman.conf file.