Subject: Re: Postgres installation is failing in mac

From: Daniel Gustafsson <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 18 Oct 2024 11:55:17 +0200

> On 18 Oct 2024, at 04:21, Venkata Nori <[email-masked]> wrote:
> 
> Problem running post-install step. Installation may not complete correctly
> The database cluster initialisation failed.

There is no information in this post which could assist anyone in helping you,
if you would like help I suggest you provide a lot more details.  Which
installer was used?  Where was it downloaded from?  Which macOS version?  Which
PostgreSQL version?  Does the system log say anything?  Is there enough space
on the partition?  Do you have admin rights or is it a managed device? And so on..

--
Daniel Gustafsson

---

From: Venkata Nori <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 19 Oct 2024 07:23:58 +0000

The issue is fixed.

Version: Postgres 17

Now i am facing a new issue in creating a new database server

Please find attached

Regards,
Prasad Nori
Senior Data Scientist
Indian Software Labs (ISL)
E-mail: [email-masked]<mailto:[email-masked]>
________________________________
From: Daniel Gustafsson <[email-masked]>
Sent: Friday, October 18, 2024 3:25 PM
To: Venkata Nori <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked] <[email-masked]>
Subject: [EXTERNAL] Re: Postgres installation is failing in mac

--
Daniel Gustafsson

---

From: Adrian Klaver <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 21 Oct 2024 12:36:15 -0700

> Now i am facing a new issue in creating a new database server

1) The error is in connecting to an existing database, not creating a 
new server.

2) Looks to me like the PATH for the Postgres binaries is not set 
properly. That would be under Preferences --> Paths --> Binary Paths. 
 From there you select the installed Postgres version you are working 
with and make sure the correct PATH is set.

-- 
Adrian Klaver
[email-masked]