Subject: pgAdmin connects 100s of times

From: mark bradley <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 22 Jan 2026 01:17:58 +0000

When I start up pgAdmin it connects 100s of times.  Have others seen this, and what is the fix?  Many messages in these green bars pop up  and then go away.  See screenshot below:

Best regards,
Mark Brady
amazon.com/author/markjbrady<https://amazon.com/author/markjbrady>

---

From: Adrian Klaver <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 21 Jan 2026 17:39:47 -0800

On 1/21/26 17:17, mark bradley wrote:
> When I start up pgAdmin it connects 100s of times.  Have others seen 
> this, and what is the fix?  Many messages in these green bars pop up  
> and then go away.  See screenshot below:
> 

1) There is a dedicated pgAdmin list:

https://www.postgresql.org/list/pgadmin-support/

2) Have you looked at the Postgres log to see what the queries are 
actually doing? You may need to crank up the statement logging if they 
are mostly SELECTs.

3) What version of pgAdmin?

4) Do you have jobs set up with pgAgent?

6) How many servers do you have set up and do they have queries in Post 
Connection SQL tab?

> 
> Best regards,
> Mark Brady
> _amazon.com/author/markjbrady <https://amazon.com/author/markjbrady>_

-- 
Adrian Klaver
[email-masked]

---

From: mark bradley <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 25 Jan 2026 22:08:58 +0000

I think I have found the problem.  PgAdmin will save open tabs from one session to the other.  These seem to accumulate and each one opens a connection.  After a while, there are so many that pgAdmin can't even open.

Thanks.

Best regards,
Mark Brady
amazon.com/author/markjbrady<https://amazon.com/author/markjbrady>
________________________________
From: Adrian Klaver <[email-masked]>
Sent: Wednesday, January 21, 2026 8:39 PM
To: mark bradley <[email-masked]>; pgsql-generallists.postgresql.org <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: pgAdmin connects 100s of times