Subject: Updated Fedora 40 and Fedora 41 RPM packages of Pgpool-II 4.5.5 in the repo

From: Gerhard Wiesinger <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 5 Dec 2024 07:16:45 +0100

Hello,

Any chance to get Updated Fedora 40 and Fedora 41 RPM packages of 
Pgpool-II 4.5.5 in the repo quickly?

Thnx.

Ciao,
Gerhard

---

From: Christiano Anderson <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 5 Dec 2024 08:43:22 +0100

Hi,

I'm Fedora package maintainer (but not of the pgpool package). It's the 
package maintainer's responsibility to update the package in different 
Fedora versions (40, 41 and Rawhide).

There is already a ticket for this update: 
https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=2305049

Maybe it's a matter of time until the new version is available, but you 
can also contact the developer directly: 
https://src.fedoraproject.org/rpms/postgresql-pgpool-II

Best,

Christiano

---

From: Gerhard Wiesinger <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 5 Dec 2024 19:20:49 +0100

Hello,

I'm talking about PGDG maintained repository (and not Fedora maintained) 
where pgpool is located:
https://download.postgresql.org/pub/repos/yum/common/fedora/fedora-40-x86_64/
https://download.postgresql.org/pub/repos/yum/common/fedora/fedora-41-x86_64/

Currently installed package:
pgpool-II-4.5.4-1PGDG.f40.x86_64

Thnx.

Ciao,
Gerhard

On 05.12.2024 08:43, Christiano Anderson wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm Fedora package maintainer (but not of the pgpool package). It's 
> the package maintainer's responsibility to update the package in 
> different Fedora versions (40, 41 and Rawhide).
>
> Maybe it's a matter of time until the new version is available, but 
> you can also contact the developer directly:

---

From: Devrim Gündüz <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 28 Dec 2024 20:49:27 +0300

Hi,

> Pgpool-II 4.5.5 in the repo quickly?

FWIW I updated the packages in PGDG repo a couple of weeks back.

Regards,
-- 
Devrim Gündüz
Open Source Solution Architect, PostgreSQL Major Contributor
Twitter: @DevrimGunduz , @DevrimGunduzTR

---

From: Gerhard Wiesinger <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 28 Dec 2024 19:06:01 +0100

> FWIW I updated the packages in PGDG repo a couple of weeks back.

Yes, thnk. Works well.

Ciao,

Gerhard