Subject: page is not marked all-visible but visibility map bit is set in relation "pg_statistic"

From: Gus Spier <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 11 Jul 2024 13:21:39 -0400

AWS RDS Postgres Aurora version 14.4

Error log shows: page is not marked all-visible but visibility map bit is
set in relation "pg_statistic"

To me, that sounds ominous. But, there does not appear to be any great
performance hit. The applications are chugging along nicely. The end-users
have not yet gathered at my door, waving torches and pitch-forks.

What is the correct course of action in this  case?

Regards,

Gus Spier

---

From: Tomas Vondra <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 11 Jul 2024 22:38:56 +0200

> AWS RDS Postgres Aurora version 14.4

I believe RDS and Aurora are two separate products, so I'm a bit
confused by this ...

> What is the correct course of action in this  case?

I'd say you need to report this to AWS support - we have no idea what
changes they made in Aurora, and AFAIK they made a lot of changes in
this area.

That is not to say we don't have any bugs in this area - see for example
the discussion in [1], but we are not in position to investigate issues
on a proprietary product.

regards

[1]
https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/CAH2-WznuNGSzF8v6OsgjaC5aYsb3cZ6HW6MLm30X0d65cmSH6A%40mail.gmail.com

-- 
Tomas Vondra
EnterpriseDB: http://www.enterprisedb.com
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company