Subject: Re: pg_upgradecluster version 10 to 16 question

From: Adrian Klaver <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 11 Jun 2025 12:10:48 -0700

On 6/11/25 11:59, Jim Cunning wrote:
> I configured the PGDG repository and tried to install postgresql-10 on 
> my kubuntu 24.04 LTS desktop system, but apt refused to install it 
> because of unsatisfied dependencies.  I then installed kubuntu 22.04 LTS 

Out of curiosity what where the unsatisfied dependencies?

-- 
Adrian Klaver
[email-masked]

---

From: Jim Cunning <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 11 Jun 2025 13:03:57 -0700

I have lost the console output of the installation attempt, but I
believe there were two unsatisfied dependencies.  One I think was a
glibc version mismatch, but I don't recall the version numbers.  I
was in a hurry to find an installation solution, so I didn't spend
much time investigating the problem, and just moved on to an earlier
linux version that met my needs.

On 6/11/25 12:10, Adrian Klaver wrote:

On
6/11/25 11:59, Jim Cunning wrote:

I configured the PGDG repository and tried
to install postgresql-10 on my kubuntu 24.04 LTS desktop system,
but apt refused to install it because of unsatisfied
dependencies.  I then installed kubuntu 22.04 LTS