Subject: Re: Table copy

From: Adrian Klaver <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 5 Feb 2025 13:23:20 -0800

On 2/5/25 13:09, Andy Hartman wrote:
> I also reduced batch size to 5000 on the last run  .. I like using this 
> SImplySql because it's a script I can launch, so that's why I chose that 
> solution...  I'm using it to load a History Env.

You really need to complete your thoughts, remember we have no idea what 
you are seeing unless you tell us.

Reducing the batch size did what?

> THanks again.

-- 
Adrian Klaver
[email-masked]

---

From: Andy Hartman <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 5 Feb 2025 17:58:06 -0500

Reduce batch size still caused error as reported nothing in WIndows Server
log...

 The SimplySql is slick because just qry from src and load to dst ... Is
there any way to somehow show more of the error in PS i tried the $error
but nothing very descriptive

---

From: Andy Hartman <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 5 Feb 2025 17:59:10 -0500

This is going to be a monthly process not just a 1 time exercise.

---

From: Adrian Klaver <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 5 Feb 2025 16:25:10 -0800

On 2/5/25 14:58, Andy Hartman wrote:
> Reduce batch size still caused error as reported nothing in WIndows 
> Server log...
> 
>   The SimplySql is slick because just qry from src and load to dst ... 
> Is there any way to somehow show more of the error in PS i tried the 
> $error but nothing very descriptive

Slick, except for the part where it is not working.

I have no idea what is going on at this point.

Some questions:

1) I don't know where the below is coming from?:

2025-02-04 14:42:18.265 EST [4796] LOG:  could not send data to client: 
An established connection was aborted by the software in your host machine.

I have searched the Postgres and SimpleSql source and I cannot find it 
in either.

Is the error message straight from the log or was it translated?

Where did you install Postgres from?

2) What are the exact versions for SimpleSql and the MS SQL Server and 
Postgres drivers you are using?

3) What is the network setup between the source and destination databases?

4) What if you move an overall smaller quantity of data over?

> 
> On Wed, Feb 5, 2025 at 4:23 PM Adrian Klaver <[email-masked] 
> <mailto:[email-masked]>> wrote:
> 
>     [email-masked] <mailto:[email-masked]>
>