Subject: flask db migrate error

From: Radoslaw Garbacz <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 21 Jan 2020 14:33:13 -0600

Hi,

As this is my first post I'd like to thank you for your work on this
project.

I have a question regarding modifying configuration db model for pgadmin4:
When trying to create a new migration file I get an error:
sqlalchemy.exc.NoSuchTableError: user_old

The command used: FLASK_APP=pgAdmin4.py flask db migrate -m "Add data
groups"
The db is initialized with: python setup.py, I also tried:
FLASK_APP=pgAdmin4.py flask db init

When commenting out (just for tests) content of
"web/migrations/versions/35f29b1701bd_.py" I get a similar error but with
"server_old".
So my question is what is the correct procedure to modify configuration db
or how to solve the mentioned issue?

Thanks in advance,

DETAILS:

* pgadmin4 version: cloned from master with latest commit on Jan 13, 2020

* Changes in "model/__init__.py":
SCHEMA_VERSION = 25
...
class DataGroup(db.Model):
    """Define a data group for the treeview"""
    __tablename__ = 'datagroup'
    id = db.Column(db.Integer, primary_key=True)
    user_id = db.Column(db.Integer, db.ForeignKey('user.id'),
nullable=False)

    name = db.Column(db.String(128), nullable=False)
    __table_args__ = (db.UniqueConstraint('user_id', 'name'),)

* migrate command exception details:
...
 File
"/home/rga/.virtualenvs/pgadmin4/lib/python3.7/site-packages/alembic/util/compat.py",
line 173, in load_module_py
    spec.loader.exec_module(module)
  File "<frozen importlib._bootstrap_external>", line 728, in exec_module
  File "<frozen importlib._bootstrap>", line 219, in
_call_with_frames_removed
  File "migrations/env.py", line 94, in <module>
    run_migrations_online()
  File "migrations/env.py", line 87, in run_migrations_online
    context.run_migrations()
  File "<string>", line 8, in run_migrations
  File
"/home/rga/.virtualenvs/pgadmin4/lib/python3.7/site-packages/alembic/runtime/environment.py",
line 846, in run_migrations
    self.get_context().run_migrations(**kw)
  File
"/home/rga/.virtualenvs/pgadmin4/lib/python3.7/site-packages/alembic/runtime/migration.py",
line 507, in run_migrations
    for step in self._migrations_fn(heads, self):
  File
"/home/rga/.virtualenvs/pgadmin4/lib/python3.7/site-packages/alembic/command.py",
line 190, in retrieve_migrations
    revision_context.run_autogenerate(rev, context)
  File
"/home/rga/.virtualenvs/pgadmin4/lib/python3.7/site-packages/alembic/autogenerate/api.py",
line 442, in run_autogenerate
    self._run_environment(rev, migration_context, True)
  File
"/home/rga/.virtualenvs/pgadmin4/lib/python3.7/site-packages/alembic/autogenerate/api.py",
line 482, in _run_environment
    autogen_context, migration_script
  File
"/home/rga/.virtualenvs/pgadmin4/lib/python3.7/site-packages/alembic/autogenerate/compare.py",
line 25, in _populate_migration_script
    _produce_net_changes(autogen_context, upgrade_ops)
  File
"/home/rga/.virtualenvs/pgadmin4/lib/python3.7/site-packages/alembic/autogenerate/compare.py",
line 51, in _produce_net_changes
    autogen_context, upgrade_ops, schemas
  File
"/home/rga/.virtualenvs/pgadmin4/lib/python3.7/site-packages/alembic/util/langhelpers.py",
line 303, in go
    fn(*arg, **kw)
  File
"/home/rga/.virtualenvs/pgadmin4/lib/python3.7/site-packages/alembic/autogenerate/compare.py",
line 83, in _autogen_for_tables
    autogen_context,
  File
"/home/rga/.virtualenvs/pgadmin4/lib/python3.7/site-packages/alembic/autogenerate/compare.py",
line 195, in _compare_tables
    inspector.reflecttable(t, None)
  File
"/home/rga/.virtualenvs/pgadmin4/lib/python3.7/site-packages/sqlalchemy/engine/reflection.py",
line 669, in reflecttable
    reflection_options,
  File
"/home/rga/.virtualenvs/pgadmin4/lib/python3.7/site-packages/sqlalchemy/engine/reflection.py",
line 848, in _reflect_fk
    **reflection_options
  File "<string>", line 2, in __new__
  File
"/home/rga/.virtualenvs/pgadmin4/lib/python3.7/site-packages/sqlalchemy/util/deprecations.py",
line 128, in warned
    return fn(*args, **kwargs)
  File
"/home/rga/.virtualenvs/pgadmin4/lib/python3.7/site-packages/sqlalchemy/sql/schema.py",
line 506, in __new__
    metadata._remove_table(name, schema)
  File
"/home/rga/.virtualenvs/pgadmin4/lib/python3.7/site-packages/sqlalchemy/util/langhelpers.py",
line 68, in __exit__
    compat.reraise(exc_type, exc_value, exc_tb)
  File
"/home/rga/.virtualenvs/pgadmin4/lib/python3.7/site-packages/sqlalchemy/util/compat.py",
line 153, in reraise
    raise value
  File
"/home/rga/.virtualenvs/pgadmin4/lib/python3.7/site-packages/sqlalchemy/sql/schema.py",
line 501, in __new__
    table._init(name, metadata, *args, **kw)
  File
"/home/rga/.virtualenvs/pgadmin4/lib/python3.7/site-packages/sqlalchemy/sql/schema.py",
line 595, in _init
    resolve_fks=resolve_fks,
  File
"/home/rga/.virtualenvs/pgadmin4/lib/python3.7/site-packages/sqlalchemy/sql/schema.py",
line 619, in _autoload
    _extend_on=_extend_on,
  File
"/home/rga/.virtualenvs/pgadmin4/lib/python3.7/site-packages/sqlalchemy/engine/base.py",
line 1615, in run_callable
    return callable_(self, *args, **kwargs)
  File
"/home/rga/.virtualenvs/pgadmin4/lib/python3.7/site-packages/sqlalchemy/engine/default.py",
line 460, in reflecttable
    table, include_columns, exclude_columns, resolve_fks, **opts
  File
"/home/rga/.virtualenvs/pgadmin4/lib/python3.7/site-packages/sqlalchemy/engine/reflection.py",
line 655, in reflecttable
    raise exc.NoSuchTableError(table.name)
sqlalchemy.exc.NoSuchTableError: user_old

-- 
Best Regards,

Radoslaw Garbacz
XtremeData Incorporated

---

From: Murtuza Zabuawala <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 22 Jan 2020 12:00:12 +0530

Hi,

Please forward your query to *pgadmin-hackers* group.

--
Regards,
Murtuza Zabuawala
EnterpriseDB: http://www.enterprisedb.com
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company