Subject: Re: convert libpq uri-regress tests to tap test

From: Alvaro Herrera <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 23 Feb 2022 18:46:34 -0300

On 2022-Feb-23, Andres Freund wrote:

> Separately: I don't really understand why we do the whole if USE_PGXS dance in
> src/test/modules?

Yeah, it seems a bit silly.  I'm not opposed to making these makefiles
unconditionally do the PGXS thing -- or the non-PGXS thing, if that
makes it easier to build multiple binaries.

-- 
Álvaro Herrera              Valdivia, Chile  —  https://www.EnterpriseDB.com/
"La grandeza es una experiencia transitoria.  Nunca es consistente.
Depende en gran parte de la imaginación humana creadora de mitos"
(Irulan)

---

From: Tom Lane <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 23 Feb 2022 17:03:56 -0500

> makes it easier to build multiple binaries.

Agreed, we could easily lose that.  I think we only do it in contrib
to serve as an example of how to use PGXS ... although considering
we're not *testing* that build mode, one wonders how much that proves.
In any case, src/test/modules doesn't have to do it.

			regards, tom lane