Received: from malur.postgresql.org ([217.196.149.56]) by arkaria.postgresql.org with esmtp (Exim 4.80) (envelope-from ) id 1YyPQU-0000KY-NJ for pgsql-hackers@arkaria.postgresql.org; Fri, 29 May 2015 18:54:38 +0000 Received: from localhost ([127.0.0.1] helo=postgresql.org) by malur.postgresql.org with smtp (Exim 4.80) (envelope-from ) id 1YyPQU-0004qq-46 for pgsql-hackers@arkaria.postgresql.org; Fri, 29 May 2015 18:54:38 +0000 Received: from magus.postgresql.org ([2a02:c0:301:0:ffff::29]) by malur.postgresql.org with esmtps (TLS1.2:RSA_AES_256_CBC_SHA256:256) (Exim 4.80) (envelope-from ) id 1YyPQR-0004oE-Vz; Fri, 29 May 2015 18:54:36 +0000 Received: from tamriel.snowman.net ([2001:4830:167b::11]) by magus.postgresql.org with esmtp (Exim 4.84) (envelope-from ) id 1YyPQO-0002Ic-Js; Fri, 29 May 2015 18:54:34 +0000 Received: by tamriel.snowman.net (Postfix, from userid 1000) id CFBE55F7AA; Fri, 29 May 2015 14:54:31 -0400 (EDT) Date: Fri, 29 May 2015 14:54:31 -0400 From: Stephen Frost To: Robert Haas Cc: "pgsql-hackers@postgresql.org" , pgsql-core Subject: Re: postpone next week's release Message-ID: <20150529185431.GG26667@tamriel.snowman.net> References: MIME-Version: 1.0 Content-Type: multipart/signed; micalg=pgp-sha512; protocol="application/pgp-signature"; boundary="DFTsS40uuchi7su8" Content-Disposition: inline In-Reply-To: X-Editor: Vim http://www.vim.org/ X-Info: http://www.snowman.net X-Operating-System: Linux/3.13.0-46-generic (x86_64) X-Uptime: 14:52:59 up 71 days, 41 min, 21 users, load average: 0.08, 0.12, 0.14 User-Agent: Mutt/1.5.21 (2010-09-15) X-Pg-Spam-Score: -1.9 (-) List-Archive: List-Help: List-ID: List-Owner: List-Post: List-Subscribe: List-Unsubscribe: X-Mailing-List: pgsql-hackers Precedence: bulk Sender: pgsql-hackers-owner@postgresql.org --DFTsS40uuchi7su8 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii Content-Disposition: inline Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable * Robert Haas (robertmhaas@gmail.com) wrote: > I think we should postpone next week's release. I have been hard at > work on the multixact-related bugs that were reported in 9.4.2 and > 9.3.7, and the subsequent bugs found by code-reading, but getting them > all fixed by Monday doesn't seem realistic. Such fixes should have > careful review, and not be dashed into the tree under time pressure. >=20 > We could do the release anyway to relieve the pain caused by the > fsync-pgdata hard-failure problem, but it seems to me that if we do > that, we're just going to end up having to do yet another release > almost right away. I think it would be better to wait and do one > release that fixes both sets of issues. Agreed. I just caution that we appreciate PGCon coming up and that we do our best to avoid running into a case where we have to push it further due to everyone being at the conference. Thanks! Stephen --DFTsS40uuchi7su8 Content-Type: application/pgp-signature; name="signature.asc" Content-Description: Digital signature -----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE----- Version: GnuPG v1 iQIcBAEBCgAGBQJVaLXnAAoJEO1sijiDR2RVk08QAJpZVkedqgrWXxTt6wR1/m4N v8Wxr6/+80LdBh27geKSG2wtXANRq6DJFw9uWXlvyGGljIrYIsaXdIF1h1aKO2tL tmOyZXE2eh2MJ0Bxkn8eJ/Ts0yomMNSEVHR3Axv7lY/Yyct0bKagDTzoreOr/GBU NMKQzC+DDmrc4zKlGm1Z4w9ZF2Ho3KoGQJmYEFT/wXtUMkBCoex+wMZ0f3yc2njG iUJ2Zo+W7Y/ttzMTAxecf5IfjE9DAys3r3n0xoktupr1hXfODvSoUFfaHsJLfbi3 F0kbl9hk5Wpc8zG0dSGIEahpPBpk/8vIrrS2dTvIBwexHXJE79Uk0x+NUIuUpj+H yEuwPYiPLP7tV+ONasuTpLJ8WZs6Wy6Tga1yBGXv0LizKMYkAHKFaYEZKwMWQs9Q CdtYfdhdalBvCX7u+TvgO5VOYA88ZHTkYTSKFPdrUix6KpiBCQZ2ohkSxpduB0Ih oPqb01Pjt7BGehCcYFjxUP/NQ7gZ6xXGvM6ynM0TX9MeraSxyrVmlekviejd1XQH Y/fv+bAoYZlDP3CGJ4TnoHKAcoXtM52eWuHcz6OJ7VQn+UhNtw4LisZJaCIs698x Ncy11bN7ZrA6iOAah2KjWJRNcK3oJVSEw4TtbNlh0WvK8vtNNk8ZBM2surWuIF12 hiolLt8rjYtbIL3LRD+b =vsBk -----END PGP SIGNATURE----- --DFTsS40uuchi7su8--