Subject: Re: pgsql: Fix overread in JSON parsing errors for incomplete byte sequence

From: Alvaro Herrera <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 10 May 2024 14:23:09 +0200

On 2024-May-10, Alvaro Herrera wrote:

> Not sure what's going on here, or why it fails for me while the
> buildfarm is all happy.

Ah, I ran 'git clean -dfx' and now it works correctly.  I must have had
an incomplete rebuild.

-- 
Álvaro Herrera         PostgreSQL Developer  —  https://www.EnterpriseDB.com/
"World domination is proceeding according to plan"        (Andrew Morton)

---

From: Michael Paquier <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 13 May 2024 12:22:02 +0900

> Ah, I ran 'git clean -dfx' and now it works correctly.  I must have had

I am going to assume that this is an incorrect build.  It seems to me
that src/common/ was compiled with a past version not sufficient to
make the new test pass as more bytes got pushed to the error output as
the pre-855517307db8 code could point to some random junk.
--
Michael