Subject: Remove unlogged materialized view persistence handling

From: px shi <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 11 Oct 2024 10:35:17 +0800

Hi，

Since materialized views do not support the unlogged type, I think that we
should remove the logic and handling related to unlogged. Therefore, I have
submitted a patch.

Regards,

Pixian Shi

---

From: Yugo Nagata <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 11 Oct 2024 12:27:13 +0900

On Fri, 11 Oct 2024 10:35:17 +0800

> should remove the logic and handling related to unlogged. Therefore, I have

+1

Materialized view is introduced by 3bf3ab8c563 and at that UNLOGGED was
allowed, and it is disallowed by another commit 3223b25ff73. However,
it seems that the tab-complement is missed to fixed.

The Assert for RELKIND_MATVIEW in heapam_hander.c was introduced in d25f519107b
after that, but I think it can be also removed.

Regards,
Yugo Nagata

-- 
Yugo Nagata <[email-masked]>

---

From: px shi <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 11 Oct 2024 14:44:43 +0800

> after that, but I think it can be also removed.

Thank you for your feedback and support!

I also add this as a post in Commit Fest [0]

[0] https://commitfest.postgresql.org/50/5292/

Regards,
Pixian Shi