Subject: [PATCH v2 2/2] Add a berief general comment on BTScanInsertData's nextkey and backward

From: Yugo Nagata <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 24 Mar 2026 18:26:48 +0900

---
 src/include/access/nbtree.h | 5 +++--
 1 file changed, 3 insertions(+), 2 deletions(-)

diff --git a/src/include/access/nbtree.h b/src/include/access/nbtree.h
index da7503c57b6..00997a67bf4 100644
--- a/src/include/access/nbtree.h
+++ b/src/include/access/nbtree.h
@@ -774,8 +774,9 @@ typedef BTStackData *BTStack;
  * bit, but may not when inserting into an INCLUDE index (tuple header value
  * is affected by the NULL-ness of both key and non-key attributes).
  *
- * See comments in _bt_first for an explanation of the nextkey and backward
- * fields.
+ * nextkey determines how the scankey's boundary is interpreted, and backward
+ * indicates a backward scan.  See comments in _bt_first for a more detailed
+ * explanation of these fields.
  *
  * scantid is the heap TID that is used as a final tiebreaker attribute.  It
  * is set to NULL when index scan doesn't need to find a position for a
-- 
2.43.0

--Multipart=_Tue__24_Mar_2026_19_25_37_+0900_.W43dn0fDT9aZE0n
Content-Type: text/x-diff;
 name="v2-0001-Clarify-_bt_binsrch-comments-for-internal-vs-leaf.patch"
Content-Disposition: attachment;
 filename="v2-0001-Clarify-_bt_binsrch-comments-for-internal-vs-leaf.patch"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit