Subject: Re: anonymous unions (C11)

From: Álvaro Herrera <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 19 Jan 2026 22:10:25 +0100

On 2025-Sep-23, Peter Eisentraut wrote:

> Here is another patch set to sprinkle some C11 features around the
> code.  My aim is to make a little bit of use of several C11 features
> as examples and encouragement for future code, and to test compilers
> (although we're not yet at the point where this should really stress
> any compiler).

I was going over patch [1] today and came across the union in
relopt_value.  Vaguely remembering this thread, I patched it out
(attached) ... and now that I come here to post it, I realize that it's
probably identical to your patch 0009 here.

Would you push it or can I?

[1] https://postgr.es/m/4047390.3Lj2Plt8kZ@thinkpad-pgpro

-- 
Álvaro Herrera         PostgreSQL Developer  —  https://www.EnterpriseDB.com/

---

From: Peter Eisentraut <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 21 Jan 2026 12:21:55 +0100

> Would you push it or can I?

Go ahead please.