Subject: Re: Custom oauth validator options

From: Álvaro Herrera <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 28 Jan 2026 17:23:39 +0100

On 2026-Jan-28, Zsolt Parragi wrote:

> 0001: defines a new guc, guc_prefix_enforcement that potentially
> changes the behavior of prefix reservation. It has a few modes, based
> on which missing prefix reservations or variables defined outside the
> reserved prefix result in warnings or errors during library load time.
> This is unrelated to pgc_hba, and applies to all custom variables.

I didn't actually read this patch, but I wonder if this is something we
should attempt in the context of the larger refactoring done by the
patch series here,
https://postgr.es/m/2438819.yKrmzQ4Hd0@thinkpad-pgpro
I'm afraid it's likely to be very outdated at the moment, I think it'll
need a difficult rebase, but I invite you to have a look at what it
offered when it was last posted, and see if it would help write what
you're trying to achieve here.

Thanks

-- 
Álvaro Herrera               48°01'N 7°57'E  —  https://www.EnterpriseDB.com/
"I'm always right, but sometimes I'm more right than other times."
                                                  (Linus Torvalds)
https://lore.kernel.org/git/[email-masked]/