Subject: Re: [V2] Adding new CRC32C implementation for IBM S390X

From: Álvaro Herrera <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 4 Feb 2026 11:04:16 +0100

On 2025-Jul-17, John Naylor wrote:

> Great, thanks! I took this (v4, for the archives) for a spin on one of
> the LinuxONE instances in the buildfarm. Since godbolt.org doesn't
> have clang for s390x, I tested on a machine with clang 18. With that,
> I found that the configure check successfully compiles and links
> broken code. :-( This is different from gcc 14 which "harmlessly"
> failed to compile (until 14.3 fixed that). So, it seems for the clang
> versions that are broken we actually do need to guard within the test
> programs after all. Eduard, which compiler versions have you tested
> the patch on?

Did anybody want to update this patch?  Seems sad to have progressed
this much and abandon it at the last minute.
https://commitfest.postgresql.org/patch/5779/

-- 
Álvaro Herrera        Breisgau, Deutschland  —  https://www.EnterpriseDB.com/
"Cómo ponemos nuestros dedos en la arcilla del otro. Eso es la amistad; jugar
al alfarero y ver qué formas se pueden sacar del otro" (C. Halloway en
La Feria de las Tinieblas, R. Bradbury)