Subject: [PATCH] pg_upgrade: add %m to version file open failure message

From: Dagfinn Ilmari Mannsåker <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 25 Feb 2020 18:07:14 +0000

---
 src/bin/pg_upgrade/server.c | 2 +-
 1 file changed, 1 insertion(+), 1 deletion(-)

diff --git a/src/bin/pg_upgrade/server.c b/src/bin/pg_upgrade/server.c
index e244256501..c9b56ae175 100644
--- a/src/bin/pg_upgrade/server.c
+++ b/src/bin/pg_upgrade/server.c
@@ -164,7 +164,7 @@ get_major_server_version(ClusterInfo *cluster)
 	snprintf(ver_filename, sizeof(ver_filename), "%s/PG_VERSION",
 			 cluster->pgdata);
 	if ((version_fd = fopen(ver_filename, "r")) == NULL)
-		pg_fatal("could not open version file: %s\n", ver_filename);
+		pg_fatal("could not open version file \"%s\": %m\n", ver_filename);
 
 	if (fscanf(version_fd, "%63s", cluster->major_version_str) == 0 ||
 		sscanf(cluster->major_version_str, "%d.%d", &v1, &v2) < 1)
-- 
2.22.0

--=-=-=--