Subject: Re: [Proposal] Add foreign-server health checks infrastructure

From: vignesh C <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 3 Jan 2023 16:07:37 +0530

On Tue, 20 Dec 2022 at 07:22, Hayato Kuroda (Fujitsu)
<[email-masked]> wrote:
> Dear hackers,
> PSA rebased patches.

The patch does not apply on top of HEAD as in [1], please post a rebased patch:

=== Applying patches on top of PostgreSQL commit ID
92957ed98c5c565362ce665266132a7f08f6b0c0 ===
=== applying patch ./v21-0003-add-test.patch
patching file contrib/postgres_fdw/expected/postgres_fdw.out
Hunk #1 FAILED at 11701.
1 out of 1 hunk FAILED -- saving rejects to file
contrib/postgres_fdw/expected/postgres_fdw.out.rej
patching file contrib/postgres_fdw/expected/postgres_fdw_1.out
patching file contrib/postgres_fdw/sql/postgres_fdw.sql
Hunk #1 FAILED at 3876.
1 out of 1 hunk FAILED -- saving rejects to file
contrib/postgres_fdw/sql/postgres_fdw.sql.rej

[1] - http://cfbot.cputube.org/patch_41_3388.log

Regards,
Vignesh

---

From: "Hayato Kuroda (Fujitsu)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 10 Jan 2023 03:56:59 +0000

Dear Vignesh,

Thanks for reporting. PSA rebased version.
These can be applied work well on my HEAD(bd8d45).

Best Regards,
Hayato Kuroda
FUJITSU LIMITED

---

From: Tom Lane <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 09 Jan 2023 23:24:48 -0500

> These can be applied work well on my HEAD(bd8d45).

I think that it's a really bad idea to require postgres_fdw.sql
to have two expected-files: that will be a maintenance nightmare.
Please put whatever it is that needs a variant expected-file
into its own, hopefully very small and seldom-changed, test script.
Or rethink whether you really need a test case that has
platform-dependent output.

			regards, tom lane