Subject: Re: CFbot failed on Windows platform

From: Tom Lane <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 11 Jul 2024 09:50:00 -0400

Tatsuo Ishii <[email-masked]> writes:
>> I think It is related to the '628c1d1f2c' commit. This commit changed
>> the output of the regress test in Windows.

> Yeah, it seems that explains. I see few buildfarm window animals
> complain too.

I think that the contents of
src/test/regress/expected/collate.windows.win1252.out are actually
wrong, and we'd not noticed because it was only checked with diff -w.
psql does put an extra trailing space in some lines of table output,
but that space isn't there in collate.windows.win1252.out.

			regards, tom lane

---

From: Andrew Dunstan <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 11 Jul 2024 12:28:28 -0400

> but that space isn't there in collate.windows.win1252.out.

Yeah, makes sense I will produce an updated output file and then 
re-enable --strip-trailing-cr (after a full test run).

cheers

andrew

--
Andrew Dunstan
EDB: https://www.enterprisedb.com