Subject: evtcache: EventTriggerCache vs Event Trigger Cache

From: Daniel Gustafsson <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 4 May 2023 13:38:26 +0200

When reading a memory contexts log I realized that we have this:

LOG:  level: 2; EventTriggerCache: 8192 total in 1 blocks; 7928 free (4 chunks); 264 used
LOG:  level: 3; Event Trigger Cache: 8192 total in 1 blocks; 2616 free (0 chunks); 5576 used

The reason is that BuildEventTriggerCache sets up a context "EventTriggerCache"
which house a hash named "Event Trigger Cache" which in turn creates a context
with the table name.  I think it makes sense that these share the same name,
but I think it would be less confusing if they also shared the same spelling
whitespace-wise.  Any reason to not rename the hash EventTriggerCache to make
the logging a tiny bit easier to read and grep?

--
Daniel Gustafsson

---

From: Tom Lane <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 04 May 2023 08:09:12 -0400

> the logging a tiny bit easier to read and grep?

Hmm, I'm kinda -1 on them having the same name visible in the
contexts dump --- that seems very confusing.  How about naming
the hash "EventTriggerCacheHash" or so?

			regards, tom lane