Subject: Re: Does anyone ever use OPTIMIZER_DEBUG?

From: David Rowley <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 9 Oct 2023 10:26:38 +1300

On Tue, 3 Oct 2023 at 12:29, David Rowley <[email-masked]> wrote:
>
> On Fri, 29 Sept 2023 at 10:59, Tom Lane <[email-masked]> wrote:
> > We could also discuss keeping the "tracing" aspect of it, but
> > replacing debug_print_rel with pprint(rel), which'd still allow
> > removal of all the "DEBUG SUPPORT" stuff at the bottom of allpaths.c.
> > That's pretty much all of the maintenance-requiring stuff in it.
>
> To assist discussion, I've attached a patch for that.

It looks like nobody is objecting to this.  I understand that not
everyone who might object will have read this email thread, so what I
propose to do here is move along and just commit the patch to swap out
debug_print_rel and use pprint instead.  If that's done now then there
are around 10 months where we could realistically revert this again if
someone were to come forward with an objection.

Sound ok?

David

---

From: Tom Lane <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 08 Oct 2023 17:28:25 -0400

> Sound ok?

WFM.

			regards, tom lane

---

From: David Rowley <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 9 Oct 2023 15:55:25 +1300

> > someone were to come forward with an objection.

Ok. I've pushed the patch.  Let's see if anyone comes forward.

David