Subject: Re: Refactor recordExtObjInitPriv()

From: Peter Eisentraut <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 12 Jan 2023 18:15:14 +0100

On 12.01.23 01:04, Nathan Bossart wrote:
>> -			 classoid == AggregateRelationId ||
> I noticed that AggregateRelationId isn't listed in the ObjectProperty
> array, so I think recordExtObjInitPriv() will begin erroring for that
> classoid instead of ignoring it like we do today.

Hmm, we do have some extensions in contrib that add aggregates (citext, 
intagg).  I suspect that the aggregate function is actually registered 
into the extension via its pg_proc entry, so this wouldn't actually 
matter.  But maybe the commenting should be clearer?

---

From: Tom Lane <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 12 Jan 2023 12:20:50 -0500

> matter.  But maybe the commenting should be clearer?

Yeah, I don't believe that AggregateRelationId is used in object
addresses; we just refer to pg_proc for any kind of function including
aggregates.  Note that there is no "oid" column in pg_aggregate.

			regards, tom lane

---

From: Nathan Bossart <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 12 Jan 2023 09:40:49 -0800

> aggregates.  Note that there is no "oid" column in pg_aggregate.

Got it, thanks for clarifying.

-- 
Nathan Bossart
Amazon Web Services: https://aws.amazon.com