Subject: Re: [PATCH] Using named captures in Catalog::ParseHeader()

From: Michael Paquier <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 14 Jun 2023 10:03:24 +0900

On Thu, Jun 01, 2023 at 01:12:22PM +0100, Dagfinn Ilmari Mannsåker wrote:
> While I was rewriting the regexes I noticed that they were inconsistent
> about whether they accepted whitespace in the parameter lists, so I took
> the liberty to make them consistently allow whitespace after the opening
> paren and the commas, which is what most of them already did.

That's the business with \s* in CATALOG.  Is that right?  Indeed,
that's more consistent.

> I've verified that the generated postgres.bki is identical to before,
> and all tests pass.

I find that pretty cool.  Nice.  Patch looks OK from here.
--
Michael

---

From: Dagfinn Ilmari Mannsåker <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 14 Jun 2023 10:30:23 +0100

> That's the business with \s* in CATALOG.  Is that right?  Indeed,

Yes, \s* means "zero or more whitespace characters".

> I find that pretty cool.  Nice.  Patch looks OK from here.

Thanks for the review!

- ilmari

---

From: Michael Paquier <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 30 Jun 2023 09:26:51 +0900

> Thanks for the review!

v17 is now open, so applied this one.
--
Michael

---

From: Dagfinn Ilmari Mannsåker <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 30 Jun 2023 10:34:08 +0100

> v17 is now open, so applied this one.

Thanks for committing!

- ilmari