Subject: [PATCH] Fix missing pfree(flags.data) in overexplain_debug

From: Lakshmi N <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 13 Apr 2026 13:33:11 -0700

Hi hackers,

attached a small patch to fix missing  pfree(flags.data) in
overexplain_debug.

Regards,
Lakshmi

---

From: Heikki Linnakangas <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 14 Apr 2026 12:20:15 +0300

> attached a small patch to fix missing  pfree(flags.data) in 

These leaks are to a relatively short-lived memory context. We don't 
need to meticulously pfree() those, they will go away with the memory 
context. There are also numerous psprintf() calls in the function and in 
the subroutines which are not pfreed, for example.

We're not totally consistent, as there are pfree() calls in some of the 
subroutines. I don't know if there's some grand plan on when to pfree() 
and when not to bother, but this one pfree() won't move the needle much 
in any case.

- Heikki