Subject: Call for Posters: PGConf.dev 2026

From: Andrey Borodin <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 5 Feb 2026 22:45:56 +0500

Hi hackers!

As we prepare for the PostgreSQL Development Conference 2026
(PGConf.dev 2026), scheduled for May 19–22 in Vancouver, Canada, we
are excited to host a poster session showcasing the contributions and
projects within our community.

If you're planning to attend PGConf.dev 2026, your participation would
be an invaluable addition. We also welcome remote authors — we can
print and display your poster. On-site presenters will be prioritized
for prime locations.

The goal of the poster session is to visually present your patch or
project on an A1-sized poster (594 x 841 mm, ~24 x 36 inches). We
encourage you to include:

   * A visual representation of your patch or project
   * The PGConf.dev 2026 conference logo
   * Information on what attention or collaboration your project
     requires
   * Contact details for potential collaborators to reach you or your
     team (e.g. a QR code to your patch or project, email, or
     messenger)

Scope includes core patches, bug fixes, extensions, tools, research,
and community initiatives (CI, testing, diversity, interest groups).
Commercial products are OK if they offer substantive technical content;
closed source must be disclosed. Submissions that appear to be 
advertisements are unlikely to be accepted.

To submit, send an email expressing your interest. Include your name,
employer, topic, and whether you plan to attend in person.

   * Expression of interest: April 14th, 2026
   * Final PDF: April 30th, 2026
   * Full details: https://2026.pgconf.dev/cfp#posters

Posters will be displayed throughout the conference. Authors are
invited to be present during dedicated "coffee + poster session"
breaks for discussion. We can accommodate 20–30 posters, which ought to
be enough for everyone interested. If you'd like to present a poster
or have questions, please reach out.

Thank you for your ongoing contributions to PostgreSQL, and I look
forward to hearing from you.

Best regards, Andrey Borodin.

---

From: Andrey Borodin <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 24 Apr 2026 16:58:15 +0500

> On 5 Feb 2026, at 22:45, Andrey Borodin <[email-masked]> wrote:
> 

Hi all,

Quick update: about 12 people have signed up so far, which means there
are roughly 8 spots remaining. We would love to fill them with
interesting technical and community posters.

I have just sent a reminder email to everyone I have on my list. If you
expressed interest but did not receive it, please check your junk folder
and ping me directly - I likely just missed you.

If your patch needs attention - reviewers, co-authors, committer
feedback - a poster is a concrete way to get it. People stop, read,
and talk. We plan to do Poster Session Showcase during thursday lunch,
see full schedule here [0].

Here is what makes a good poster for this session:

    Show the technical substance: architecture diagrams, benchmark
    results, open design questions.

    Make clear what kind of help or feedback you are looking for:
    "needs review", "looking for co-author", "RFC", etc.

    Structure it yourself - even if you use AI tools, please do not
    generate the whole thing in one prompt from a hackers thread dump.
    AI tends to produce something that looks like a movie poster.
    Your own structure will express the problem better and give
    people more to react to.

    Include contact info and a QR code to your patch or project page.

    Use the PGConf.dev 2026 logo, portrait orientation, A1 size.

I will start printing in early May.

Come to Vancouver, put your work on the wall, and let us discuss.

[0] https://2026.pgconf.dev/schedule/thursday