Subject: Re: [PATCH] Add sortsupport for range types and btree_gist

From: Bernd Helmle <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 28 Oct 2024 18:44:10 +0100

Am Samstag, dem 26.10.2024 um 11:40 +0300 schrieb Andrey M. Borodin:
> First patch:
> 0. We have PG_FREE_IF_COPY(), does it suits your needs?

PG_FREE_IF_COPY() requires FunctionCallInfo (the macro uses
PG_GETARG_POINTER() to reference the pointer value to compare), which
is not usable in the context we need it.

> 1. Tests do not check what actual build method is used. You can add
> INJECTION_POINT("gist-sort-build") and expect a notice there or
> something like that.

Hmm good idea, i give it a try. 

> 2. "Per default" -> "By default", "indexe" -> "index", "index
> quality" -> NULL (in 14 quality was bad, since 15 same "quality")
> 
> Second patch:
> 0. PG_FREE_IF_COPY in range_gist_cmp? :)

See above.

> 1. Some test of this new functionality?

Right, but i am unsure where this belongs to. Perhaps to
src/test/regress/sql/rangetypes.sql ? We can extend the gist tests
there.