Subject: Re: Use generation context to speed up tuplesorts

From: Tomas Vondra <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 18 Jun 2023 20:22:17 +0200

Hi Ronan,

We briefly chatted about the glibc-tuning part of this thread at pgcon,
so I wonder if you're still planning to pursue that. If you do, I
suggest we start a fresh thread, so that it's not mixed with the already
committed improvements of generation context.

I wonder what's the situation with the generation context improvements
already pushed - does setting the glibc thresholds still help, and if
yes how much?

regards

-- 
Tomas Vondra
EnterpriseDB: http://www.enterprisedb.com
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company

---

From: Ronan Dunklau <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 19 Jun 2023 09:01:56 +0200

> already pushed - does setting the glibc thresholds still help, and if

Hi Tomas ! 

I'm currently working on it, trying to evaluate the possible benefits on the 
current ASet and Generation contexts usecases. 

I'll make sure to use a new thread to post my findings.

Thank you for remembering !

Best regards,

--
Ronan Dunklau