Subject: Re: Minimal logical decoding on standbys

From: Rahila Syed <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 7 Nov 2019 14:02:03 +0530

Hi Amit,

I am reading about this feature and reviewing it.
To start with, I reviewed the patch:
0005-Doc-changes-describing-details-about-logical-decodin.patch.

>prevent VACUUM from removing required rows from the system catalogs,
>hot_standby_feedback should be set on the standby. In spite of that,
>if any required rows get removed on standby, the slot gets dropped.
IIUC, you mean `if any required rows get removed on *the master* the slot
gets
dropped`, right?

Thank you,
-- 
Rahila Syed
Performance Engineer
2ndQuadrant
http://www.2ndQuadrant.com <http://www.2ndquadrant.com/>
PostgreSQL Development, 24x7 Support, Remote DBA, Training & Services