Subject: Remove deprecated -H option from oid2name

From: Daniel Gustafsson <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 9 Oct 2024 10:08:31 +0200

The -H option to oid2name was deprecated in v12, and with v12 going out of
support it seems about time to remove it for v18.  Not the most groundbreaking
cleanup, but also no point in carrying it around for 5 more years.

--
Daniel Gustafsson

---

From: Nathan Bossart <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 9 Oct 2024 11:33:33 -0500

> cleanup, but also no point in carrying it around for 5 more years.

Seems fine to me, although I don't see a problem with keeping it, either.

-- 
nathan

---

From: Daniel Gustafsson <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 9 Oct 2024 18:45:07 +0200

> On 9 Oct 2024, at 18:33, Nathan Bossart <[email-masked]> wrote:
> 

There is little to no cost in keeping it, but then we might as well remove the
deprecation notice.  If we keep marking things deprecated without removing them
then we risk being seen as crying wolf and users stop caring to update away
from things we really want to deprecate.

--
Daniel Gustafsson