Subject: Re: Define DatumGetInt8 function.

From: David Rowley <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 7 Jan 2026 00:49:59 +1300

On Tue, 30 Dec 2025 at 05:01, Kirill Reshke <[email-masked]> wrote:
> Well, OK. Removal is also fine for me, because it is at least consistent.

Kirill, are you working on this patch?  I've not studied in detail,
but looks like it would require making
char_decrement()/char_increment() and btcharskipsupport() all use
CharGetDatum()/DatumGetChar() and switch to using SCHAR_MIN/SCHAR_MAX
rather than 0/UCHAR_MAX.

If you're not working on it, it would be good if you could withdraw
the patch from the commitfest.

David

---

From: Kirill Reshke <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 6 Jan 2026 19:12:33 +0500

> Kirill, are you working on this patch?

Hi!
Yes, PFA.

 > I've not studied in detail,

This is also a possible change, and can be a separate patch. I will
try to also work on this this week.

-- 
Best regards,
Kirill Reshke